• Register
  • Login
  • IRC

Dark Negative Anti-Social - 2006-2016

Thank you for everything!

Author Topic: VC:MP 0.4 Public Beta #3 - January 26th  (Read 15506 times)

• stormeus

• View Profile
      • Achievements
    VC:MP 0.4 Public Beta #3 - January 26th
    « on: July 04, 2013, 14:00:13 »

There will be a public beta test of VC:MP 0.4 on Jan. 26th.
    Please read the entire thread first.

Testing Information
    A third public beta of VC:MP 0.4 will be held on January 26th beginning at 12:00 GMT. This test will last at least 24 hours and will continue until the beta testing team believes that enough information for bugfixes has been collected. Beta testers and developers may ask you to do certain actions in order to find bugs or other issues in the server, and in those cases, you should do as they say. Otherwise, you should play as your normally would on any other server.

The gamemode will be a classic Team Deathmatch server. There will be multiple classes to select from, including a free-for-all team. Members of the same team (excluding the FFA team) cannot attack each other. There is no objective. Other commands have been added to accommodate stunting.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 09:54:26 by Ryz »

• Gudio

Re: VC:MP 0.4 Public Beta #1
    « Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 09:14:24 »
    What the fuck was that? I wouldn't do beta tests on A/D gamemode, because first of all players need to understand how does it work. It'd be better to write something like current LW with as much features as possible. Yesterday I've noticed just player's alpha, in-game sounds, explosions, nice chat (current 0.3 chat can be fixed in flt), few objects and AFK dancing animation. If I didn't see VCMP.h, I wouldn't say it's the version I was waiting for. I know 0.4 has more functions than these I mentioned above.
    What about videos? For example this:
    I saw world boundaries yesterday, but trying shooting at it couldn't stop my fire or turn the direction. I'm sure 0.4 beta team did this test in a hurry - I'm really sure about that. It doesn't implement all available functions etc.
    I'm not trying to be hater or troll (that's why I'm posting here, not on VC:MP forums), but this year I found 2 new projects of multiplayers (polish and russian) for GTA Vice City that have objects, sounds and explosions.

It was stupid. You've invited Castagna and I thought he will help you, especially on writing suitable gamemode.
    I hope I won't see standard reply like: "It was just beta test, we are planning to do more servers and use more features".
    « Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 10:13:36 by Ryz »

• Ryne

• ➭Those who do nothing make no mistakes☚©.
      • View Profile
      • Achievements
    « Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 13:57:40 »
    What the fuck was that? I wouldn't do beta tests on A/D gamemode, because first of all players need to understand how does it work. It'd be better to write something like current LW with as much features as possible. Yesterday I've noticed just player's alpha, in-game sounds, explosions, nice chat (current 0.3 chat can be fixed in flt), few objects and AFK dancing animation. If I didn't see VCMP.h, I wouldn't say it's the version I was waiting for. I know 0.4 has more functions than these I mentioned above.
    What about videos? For example this:
    I saw world boundaries yesterday, but trying shooting at it couldn't stop my fire or turn the direction. I'm sure 0.4 beta team did this test in a hurry - I'm really sure about that. It doesn't implement all available functions etc.
    I'm not trying to be hater or troll (that's why I'm posting here, not on VC:MP forums), but this year I found 2 new projects of multiplayers (polish and russian) for GTA Vice City that have objects, sounds and explosions.

It was stupid. You've invited Castagna and I thought he will help you, especially on writing suitable gamemode.
    I hope I won't see standard reply like: "It was just beta test, we are planning to do more servers and use more features".
    indeed beta test on A/D looks stupid nd yeah i have tested world bounds yesterday with RPG and other weps but no turns as shown in vidz :P

"We may have different religions, different languages, different colored skin, but we all belong to one human race"

• Darfy

• View Profile
      • Achievements
    « Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 16:17:00 »
    Gudio, I'm afraid I have to reply exactly how you wouldn't want me to but the truth is this was only the first beta test event and much, MUCH more is to come. I know that sounds pretty dull but unfortunately I just can't provide anymore details.. Just keep the faith, you'll hear more from us soon. :)

Baldachyn

• Achievements
    « Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 21:05:20 »
    The purpose was not to show all the features, but let the community participate and help find bugs, I think the purpose was fullfilled, I think some peeps just misunderstood this particular public beta testing and its purpose.

• Darfy

• View Profile
      • Achievements
    « Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 15:08:48 »
    VC-MP 0.4 Public Beta #2 going on right now! More information found here.
    « Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 15:10:35 by Darfy »

• Uzzaji

• Spazzing is not a crime.
      • View Profile
      • Achievements
    « Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 20:48:02 »
    What do you guys think about 0.4? I mean..obviously the sync is now a lot better than the 0.3 but this'll fuck up the fighting style too. Now when the player falls, you have to shoot his body. Also i tried the ghost shot and it did not work. It feels more like samp now..idk if its only me but I find it now hard to fight :P

• Piterus

• View Profile
      • Achievements
    « Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 21:22:43 »
    Elevator in the bank doesn't work xD

Synchro is better, it's true, but some will have to change the style of fighting.  It remains to see.

• eAgLe

• Personal is Personal!
      • View Profile
      • Achievements
    « Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 10:36:46 »
    Fucking leadaim is also not working better, as in vcm-mp 0.3 it works, need to change fighting style in 0.4  :'(

• Darfy

• View Profile
      • Achievements
    « Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 14:47:49 »
    The sync in general is so much better than in previous version(s) so of course it will take some time from players to adapt to it and they have to 'change their styles', meaning lead aiming less and so on. You could say it's the price to pay for the better synchronization, but it's totally worth it. Also ghost shooting does still work, just needs to be timed precisely.

All in all the second beta event was a big success, compared to the first one.

• Uzzaji

• View Profile
      • Achievements
    « Reply #10 on: August 07, 2013, 15:07:44 »
    I hope the 0.4 revives VC-MP. It'll be great having thousands of players like SA-MP.

• E6GA

• View Profile
      • Achievements
    « Reply #11 on: August 07, 2013, 18:52:03 »
    I hope the 0.4 revives VC-MP. It'll be great having thousands of players like SA-MP.

Not going to happen as Vice City is an old game and nowadays kids spend all their money on polished graphics rather than gameplay itself.
    « Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 09:32:27 by E6GA »

• XGamer

• ( .Y. )
      • View Profile
      • Achievements
    « Reply #12 on: August 07, 2013, 19:02:16 »
    The fighting style will be a piece of cake to me, because i always shoot at the body >:D
    « Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 20:43:58 by XGamer »

• Uzzaji

• View Profile
      • Achievements
    Re: VC:MP 0.4 Public Beta #2
    « Reply #13 on: August 08, 2013, 02:16:23 »
    Not going to happen

Not going to happen as Vice City is an old game and nowadays kids spend all their money on polished graphics rather than gameplay itself.
    SHIT :< k then let's go to IV:MP :P

The fighting style will be a piece of cake to me, because i always shoot at the body >:D
    yeah, also it is too hard to hit someone while running. HIT'EM while they're about to stop..that's what i've been doin so far and it worked well :P

• Jellyfish

• View Profile
      • Achievements
    Re: VC:MP 0.4 Public Beta #2
    « Reply #14 on: August 08, 2013, 03:18:42 »
    IV:MP is quite a fail when it comes to all of the indie multiplayer clients out there. People who used to play VC:MP remember it fondly, everyone hates IV:MP :p