• Register
  • Login
  • IRC

Dark Negative Anti-Social - 2006-2016

Thank you for everything!

Author Topic: GTA V [Information and News]  (Read 13390 times)

• Ryz

• View Profile
      • iRyz360 (Ryan) - DeviantArt
      • Achievements
    GTA V [Information and News]
    « on: November 09, 2012, 08:07:09 »

News, Screenshots, Information and More!

News:

November 8th 2012
    Game Informer GTA V Preview was released onto the digital stores with 18 pages of GTA V information.
    The follow information has been confirmed by Rockstar Games and Game Informer:

Characters:
    There are a total of 3 main characters. Their names are Trevor, Franklin and Michael.
    You can switch between the characters at any point. When you switch the camera zooms out into the sky and back to the character like google earth.
    You can instantly switch between characters during missions and work together.
    Each character has his own personality, motivations and skillset. When you are not controlling them, they will carry on with their own lifes. You may find your character in interesting situations when you switch to them.
    Each character has hiw own story arc.
    Some characters from GTA IV will appear, although the main characters like Niko will not be appearing.

Gameplay Features:
    For the main storyline missions they will feature many complex bank heists like the one in GTA IV.
    You can flip off over characters in the game and see interesting results. (Sticking middle finger up at characters.)
    Ammu-Nation will be making a re-appearence in GTA V.
    Vehicle physics have been updated and now feels more like a 'racing' game instead of GTA 4 where the cars were quite heavy and 'boatlike'.
    New side activities including:  yoga, jet sking, base-jumping, tennis and golfing on a full golf course.
    Girlfriend dating has been removed.
    The mobile phone will return and will include more features such as accessing the internet.
    Random character encounters all over the map. This time they are of greater variety and are fully motion captured.
    Dynamic missions, similar to Red Dead Redemptions 'Unique World Events' including: characters with broken down cars, a hitch hiker, or two parked cars with dead bodies around them - which you can investigate to initiate dynamic missions.
    Dynamic "state machines" were coded in the game, allowing non-playable characters to go about their daily lifes. For example, you may see gardeners and cleaners waiting at the bus stop in the morning, and then find them tending the gardens and houses in the game's fictional Beverly Hills later on in the day.

Locations:
    GTAV's game world is bigger than the worlds of Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas and GTA IV combined.
    Fully explorable Mount Chiliad.
    A military base.
    Salton Sea region.
    Wine country.
    Wilderness.
    Fully explorable ocean floor along the coastline.

Vehicles:
    Most vehicles in a GTA game to date, including - but not limited to: BMX, Mountain Bikes, Road Bikes, Dirt bikes, Planes, Variety of cars and trucks, Helicopters, ATVs & Jet Skis.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 09:57:28 by Ryz »

• Darfy

• View Profile
      • Achievements

• Rathan

• View Profile
      • Achievements
    Re: GTA V [Information and News]
    « Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 06:29:14 »
    Wow nice ....Waiting for the game to be released

Abdula001

• Achievements
    « Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 05:25:48 »
    Btw if u want to see some GTA V gameplay watch this at 22:00

• Ryz

• View Profile
      • Achievements
    « Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 08:16:18 »
    Btw if u want to see some GTA V gameplay watch this at 22:00

That's Watch Dogs you nub. But nice try :P

« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 09:15:10 by Ryz »

Abdula001

• Achievements
    « Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 14:35:21 »
    Awwww but the grafix are very good :D

• Gudio

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 15:31:59 »
    I'm worried about that Rockstar Games forgot about people who believe they will end Vice City story in newer versions of GTA or will show us what Tommy Vercetti or Claude Speed are doing nowadays.
    Seems that Rockstar Games definitely closed old stories, they won't come back.

I wonder what'll be official size of that game, cause map, as they said, is bigger than in San Andreas. We know now they do more details so... I bet it'll be around 30GB :D

• Ryz

• View Profile
      • Achievements
    « Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 21:50:40 »
    I'm worried about that Rockstar Games forgot about people who believe they will end Vice City story in newer versions of GTA or will show us what Tommy Vercetti or Claude Speed are doing nowadays.
    Seems that Rockstar Games definitely closed old stories, they won't come back.

Yeah, seems that way. Although I like it, I think it would be a bit cheap if they brought back the same character from another game. I don't think it would sell that well because who really wants to play as the same character again. The characters we have played with before have already told us their story, so there is no point to go back to them.

Yeah probably pretty big, GTA 4 was like 15GB so im expecting atleast 20 - 30GB :P

• Gudio

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 00:39:03 »
    I wouldn't like to play as Tommy Vercetti again. I mean they can bring these characters just for few missions, where they could help us in something or just to meet them in a party or somewhere else, where they give us details how to take off someone or how to take over the city.
    We had a mission in San Andreas with Ken Rosenberg - right, it was just a phone call and it was enough.
    They can't bring back Nico because Michael Hollick had some problems with Rockstar Games, so they'd have to employ someone else with a similar voice.
    For me, a phone call from previous main characters would be interesting, it would give us emotions. How could you feel when you're passing a mission and Claude Speed is calling to you? Reaction of most people: OMG!
    Rockstar Games has the time, we have at least 4 months to see this game released. Everything can be changed.
    « Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 00:40:40 by Gudio »

• Ryz

• View Profile
      • Achievements
    « Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 00:55:31 »
    Yeah, actually that would be pretty cool. Maybe a cameo type appearence in a mission or a phone call would be good enough, but I doubt they would bring the characters back for anything more. I bet there is a few easter eggs that will be past character relevent :p like the claude costume on GTA 4.

• Darfy

• View Profile
      • Achievements
    « Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 07:19:48 »
    Yeah I agree with Gudio there it would be cool to see some kinda reference from old GTA characters just like in San Andreas we saw Ken Rosenberg, Claude and Salvator Leone. It really creates some interesting emotions so I hope Rockstar has added even some minor appearances of old characters.

• Avenger

• ~ Haitian Uprising ~
      • View Profile
      • Achievements
    « Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 10:38:06 »
    I hope they'll bring new groups into the city. San Andreas gangs were dickless and completely uninteresting for me. Haitians :-*

• Ryz

• View Profile
      • Achievements
    « Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 00:23:39 »

• Ryz

• View Profile
      • Achievements
    « Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 02:51:16 »