• Register
  • Login
  • IRC

Dark Negative Anti-Social - 2006-2016

Thank you for everything!

Author Topic: GTA V Discussion Topic  (Read 9092 times)

• E6GA

• View Profile
      • Achievements
    GTA V Discussion Topic
    « on: September 18, 2013, 13:47:41 »
    What caught my eye the most is pretty dumb physics. It is possible to get up on a hill with pretty much any vehicle, the bikes seem to be "glued" to the road, also cars almost always land on tires after any kind of jump which is pretty irritating as one can see the car stabilising itself in the air... All-in-all it's fucking Saints Row, not GTA anymore in these terms. Cars now hardly get wrecked. The best and most realistic car wrecking opportunity we had in IV, now it's gone. When one goes around 150mph and crashes into the wall the car would seldom get considerable visual damage.

What I actually liked is the city itself, how dynamic it is and of course the story is amazing.

Now the map:

This was actually true huh.  :D The map doesn't even seem to be bigger than SA, which is at least slightly odd because rumors said it would be as big as nigga mothers' ass in da hood. Anyway, the game is overrated as hell.
    « Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 13:49:43 by E6GA »

• habla

• chuj
      • View Profile
      • Achievements
    Re: GTA V Discussion Topic
    « Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 16:52:23 »
    Well I love the game to bits, can't put it down, and although the driving is very arcadey, it's still much better than gta4. To me, this feels like they've gone back to the classic GTA formula, yet still a leap forward in many ways. Dig it.
    GOD IS DEAD

2006-2016

• Avenger

• ~ Haitian Uprising ~
      • View Profile
      • Achievements
    « Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 17:40:56 »
    Maybe it's too much to say that I'm disappointed but certainly not impressed (so far).

• Fron!c

• We are Anonymous , We are legion , Expect us
      • View Profile
      • Achievements
    « Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 21:14:10 »

;D

• j.king

• ;-;
      • View Profile
      • Achievements
    « Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 04:34:06 »
    edga i soooooooooooo fucking agree with you, the vehicle handling physics are sooo shit especially the quad bike in particular (gta4 had next to little grip and rockstar went directly opposite this time around by putting way too much grip) but this is my one and only complaint about v, apart from this I do love the game to bits.
    « Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 04:36:21 by j.king »

• Gudio

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 10:04:41 »
    I think I'll buy this game for my xbox today :)

Abdula001

• Achievements
    « Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 10:16:31 »
    At the beginning the vehicle handling was pretty sensitive but if you get used to it u start to like it. Gta v has a lot of differnces sure maybe theirs no uber wow but still they made rly good job with gta v

• Ryz

• View Profile
      • iRyz360 (Ryan) - DeviantArt
      • Achievements
    « Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 11:11:09 »
    As soon as I started playing, from the moment we are put straight into action in the prologue, my initial reaction was "This doesn't feel anything like a GTA game". Everything is so much more fluid and responsive and looked fantastic.  No more doom and gloom or that strange blurry effect that GTA IV had. It took me a couple of missions to get the hang of the driving and shooting, but personally for me, the driving is perfect, so much better than IV. I don't quite understand why its refered to as 'Arcade' driving but its alot more slicker and smooth.

The gunplay aswell, so much better, very much the same as RDR and MP3, but with a few changes to incorporate the sandbox genre. My only problem with weapons is the customisation. While is a great addition, and the mods do let you change how you approach missions, such as adding a flashlight and a silencer, but why do we need to travel to a shop every time we want to remove the mods? I was hoping for a menu that would allow you to change weapon mods on the fly, just incase you forgot to go to the shop or if you cant travel to one.

The map is huge, and so diverse depending on the area you visit. The amount of detail is incredible and thats one of the things that makes the game the so great. Like when you visit the country or the desert, it actually feels like a whole new area. If you have played RDR and travelled to Mexico, you should know exactly what I'm talking about. If you are travelling by vehicle from LS to the country/desert some of the radio stations will cut out into static due to no signal, this little detail might not be mind blowing but adds to the immersion.

And again, it's the little details which play the biggest role here, the same with previous GTA games. Take some time out from doing missions and watch some of the movies at the cimena, browse the various websites ingame or walk the streets of LS and you'll suddenly find yourself sucked into this virtual city which actually feels lived in.

Also a little fun thing I witnessed; If Franklin and Trevor haven't met yet, play as Trevor and go and find Franklin in the city and follow him around then wait until he comments on your presences near him. (I'm guessing this also works if you play as Franklin and follow Trevor around)

* Ryz goes off to play more GTA V.
    « Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 12:40:10 by Ryz »

• Ryne

• ➭Those who do nothing make no mistakes☚©.
      • View Profile
      • Achievements
    « Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 12:28:43 »
    Ryne is waiting.....

"We may have different religions, different languages, different colored skin, but we all belong to one human race"

• Gudio

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 13:21:43 »
    I think I'll buy this game for my xbox today :)

• Yaceq

• Proud to be DnA !
      • View Profile
      • Achievements
    « Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 13:46:52 »
    Ok Gudio, I'm coming to you tomorrow!

• SaM

• Haters Gonna Hate
      • View Profile
      • Achievements
    « Reply #11 on: September 20, 2013, 14:21:50 »
    ^ count me too :D

• Gudio

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2013, 17:49:47 »
    DnAs are welcomed in my house :D
    Anyway, I noticed that I have bought GTA V with an aeroplane which I'm able to control ;)

• Jellyfish

• View Profile
      • Achievements
    « Reply #13 on: September 22, 2013, 18:03:29 »
    http://uk.gamespot.com/shows/feedbackula/?event=gta-v-review-revulsion-20130920&tag=Topslot;Slot1

And they didn't even include the stuff... that people did dislike.
    « Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 18:08:48 by Jellyfish »